10 Critical Press Release Writing Tips
From the beginning, start with using a keyword suggestion tool, you will see the millions of searches done to a certain keyword. When these keywords are typed on search boxes of search engines, indexed websites containing articles with those keywords will be displayed. And this is what leads traffic to websites with keyword-rich articles. Yes, the magic word is articles.
Content is always going to be king. That is why writing articles is one of the most useful ways of digital marketing media today. People searching the Internet just can’t get enough of information on various topics. Providing information through these articles is a surefire way to drive hot traffic to your web site.
Why is this so? Here are the benefits that writing articles can give your Internet business.
1. It’s absolutely free.
Too good to be true? Possibly, you do have to pay for your Internet Service. That’s it. All you need is your thoughts, your computer, and your hands. If you have those, nothing will stop you from typing words that will make you complete that article for your website. On which aspect of that process did you really shell out any cent? Maybe later when your electric bills come. If you are good enough and spend the time to reach out to news sites they will publish your story. If you don’t want to do all the work yourself you can always hire a press release distribution service.
2. Your website will be noticed in a short period of time.
Submit that article of yours to article directoriesor news sites that get the most web traffic and in no time your web site will be crawled by Google and the other search engines. That is if you don’t forget including your resource box or byline.
3. Obtain backlinks automatically.
When you submit your articles to news sites or directories, other websites will make use of your article too. With the copyright terms of your articles, the URL of your website will still be intact and will subsequently direct more traffic to your business.
4. Improve your brands reputation.
As an digital marketer, if you plainly display your products on your website, you will not gain much conversion rate. Conversion is when your traffic converts to sales. You have to show that you are knowledgeable in your niche, And what better way to show that than by writing articles that will allow you some bragging rights.
Just make your creative juices flow and jot down or key in those ideas quickly to jumpstart your article writing momentum. With those benefits listed above, a writer’s block is the last problem you will ever be able to surmount.
1. Start out strong: Your title and initial lines should briefly and directly convey what you want to say. You need to capture the attention in the first few seconds. Include the questions of who, what, where, when and why in the lead of your press release. The remaining part of your press release should include supporting facts.
2. Make it easy for the media: Some media agencies and journalists will grab your press release and carry it in their publications with slight editing or no alteration at all. But even if it’s not used word for word, journalists may use it as background for other stories or to create their own story ideas. The more information and details you include, the less work the news media has to do.
3. Think like the reader: Your press release should be able to keep the reader’s interest. Put yourself in the reader’s shoes. Would you want to read your press release?
4. Make it relevant: Try to point out real examples to support the message you want to communicate. Show why your information is important and how it benefits the reader. If your release isn’t newsworthy, don’t expect anyone to read it.
5. Support your story with real facts: Facts make your point stronger and tell the journalist you’ve already done much of the research for them. If you pull facts from other sources, make sure you attribute them. Avoid fluff and add-ons. And never make anything up. If content seems too good to be true, tone it down or you could hurt your credibility.
6. Include company information: The press release should conclude with a short description of your company, including where your company is based, what products and service it provides and a brief history If you are creating a press release for more than one company, provide information for all the companies at the end of the release. Also include contact information, both phone number and e-mail, for each companies spokesperson. NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) is an important factor in gaining website authority.
7. Be concise: Avoid using superfluous adjectives, extravagant language, or unnecessary cliches. Get to the point and tell your story as directly as possible. No one wants to read a novel.
8. Get permission: Companies can be defensive about their name and image. Get written permission before including information or quotes from officials or associates of other companies/organizations.
9. Avoid exclamation points: The use of exclamation points may hurt your credibility by creating unnecessary hype. However, if you have to use an exclamation point, use only one! Not several!!!
10. Avoid industry jargon: The harder your press release is to understand for journalists and laymen, the less likely it is to be picked up. A limited use of industry terminology is ok, if you’re trying to optimize the news release for internet search engines.
Press Release Article marketing is a fairly new, but a very effective internet marketing tool that allows you to promote yourself, your product, website or service. This seemingly simply marketing technique can have explosive results!
As a business owner, webmaster or publisher, you know that one of the keys to keep your site popular with search engines and to keep your visitors coming back is to have fresh, new, relevant content. Press releases can be the answer to your prayers! All articles submitted to these news sites directories are free to reprint as long as they are reprinted exactly as presented and include the author’s information. There can be site-specific conditions on the reprinting (so be sure to check the terms of each site), but for the most part just stick to the article as presented with all author info included and you’ll be safe!
Some people can get put off by the idea of actually writing something for publication. It can send them back into freshman English class-like anxiety attacks. But, do not worry most people that use press release marketing aren’t Pulitzer Prize worthy writers! In my experience, the best stories and the ones that are picked up and spread the most are the ones that are written in a very reader-friendly manner. Yes, grammar and spelling are important, but what is most important is that your information is easily accessible and helpful or interesting to potential readers.
If you simply do not have the time or really dislike writing, you can always hire a copywriter or ghost writer to do the work for you. Just make sure that the terms are very clear from the beginning as to whose name will appear on the article, the links to be included, the keywords you would like the articles to focus on, etc. etc.
If you are looking for a new marketing strategy, and you do not have a huge budget, write a few press releases! Get your name out there and start getting recognized as the expert that you are. And best of all get mass distribution of the all-mighty links to your website.
5904 Warner Ave, Ste A-2011 Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone (800) 451-7085