10 Common misconceptions about digital marketing
Since the dawn of the Information Age, many businesses have taken advantage of the tremendous marketing tool that is known as the Internet. Never before has it been possible to reach such a large and diverse potential buying pool of customers. The key to using an digital marketing tool is to customize it to reflect your businesses unique products, and services. With a little creative thought and having a clear understanding of how digital marketing can effectively work, using the Internet as a marketing tool has the potential to make a dramatic improvement in any company’s sales and revenue.
The most important function that an digital marketing tool can do for you is get your companies name out in the general public. Think of it as an online brochure for your brand. Here is where the public first sees your name and the products and services you offer. Like with any form of advertisement, you want this to project a positive, professional image with a large emphasis on personal attention. Especially if your business handles multiple types of products from different manufacturers, this digital flyer is useful in clearly and concisely giving your potential client an accurate rundown of everything you can offer them.
Now that you have the public’s attention, it is time to launch your sales pitch. In your original advertising brochure you already put your wares out there for people to see. Digital marketing can help display new products or services. It is an incredibly useful way to attract the attention needed to generate new sales and revenue. The use of a smartphones, computer and Internet marketing also helps you enhance your upsell options. For example the customer chooses one item and your system immediately offers them a higher quality product or products to go with or enhance the one already chosen. You can quickly rack up more sales using this handy tool. We’ve all seen it when we shop online. Of course the speed of the Internet helps to stay on top of customer service issues and secure a loyal customer base using your reputation for high quality problem resolution. Add AMP to your website for faster connection time.
All of those features and more are what your customers can expect from Digital marketing. Here’s a look at some of the perks and benefits that will come your way if you do digital marketing. Of course with impeccable customer service in mind, you will be able to provide a quick sales turnaround for you and your customers. Since the web performs ordering and processing information almost instantly your clients don’t wait long for confirmation and their purchases, and you receive payment instantly. These types of systems also compile data on your customers that can be used to notify them of sales and other promotional offers. You can use this feature to send out surveys to previous customers to rate how well you are meeting your goals in customer service, product quality, and speed of delivery. The right Internet marketing tool gives your business a nice, professional appearance and is beneficial to both you and your customers.
Your website is an amazingly diverse system for improving your existing customer base, increasing sales, and learning what is needed to drastically improve your business practices. Play around with ideas that work for the image you want to promote for your company, be creative with advertising ideas, and use the incredibly powerful features of an Internet marketing tool to provide better customer service than all of your competitors. In no time flat, you will have the thriving, money making business of your dreams. An website, correctly used, is as good as money in the bank.
10 Common misconceptions about digital marketing
1. You will get rich quick. Don’t believe it, Marketing on the internet takes a lot of work and time. This is not a get rich quick scheme. It takes much time learning and failing before you will succeed. Your success is entirely up to you. You will reap what you sow.
2. You won’t make any money. Again you will reap what you sow. your key to success is through consistency and persistence. If you are willing to learn and accept failures from time to time, learn from your mistakes and apply that knowledge – the money will come. Sometimes the best money spent is that which doesn’t produce any results. Don’t give up. There are lots of people who truly do make money this way.
3. Anyone can do this. If you tell your self there is nothing to this, you will set yourself up for guaranteed failure. A profession such as this takes a lot of discipline and most of all the willingness to learn. It takes a lot of hard work and an open mind. You have to be willing to embrace new ideas as they come and take this seriously. And if you believe the 18 year olds driving ferraris have really done it why are they trying to sell you a system instead of just making money themselves online.
4. Not everyone can do this. This is also not true. As long as you free your mind to skepticism such as these, you have taken your first step. While this business takes time to figure out, it is not hard to figure out. Remember the only person stopping you is you!
5. It is too hard. Look within yourself. There is an online business in you. What do you know? What do you like? What do you need that has not been created yet? Answers to these questions and questions like them are the beginnings of you having the ability to set yourself apart from the crowd.
6. It will be easy. It will get easier, but you will have to do loads of studying. Spend many hours brainstorming. You will spend many hours reading, writing, and learning what works and what doesn’t. It will get tedious and hard to stick to. Persevere, your reward is coming.
7. It will only require 2-3 hours a day. At some point you will be able to automate most of your efforts. In the beginning, long hours are not unheard of. I have spent many 18 hour days in front of my computer.
8. This is not a real job. Yeah right! You will come across many skeptics. Or worse than that, people who do not reveal skepticism but merely look at you odd. Believe me this is a real job. You will be just as exhausted from working and researching all day as you would sling 50 pound sacks of flour all day. When you are mentally exhausted you will be physically exhausted. You work hard; don’t allow the people who minimize your efforts get to you.
9. The only good reason to do this is for the money. That could not be further from the truth. There is a lot to gain; the money is a plus of course. Learning will always make you a better person. If you are happy with your self, everyone else will be to. You can’t beat the hours. I do it because I love helping people and am competitive and want to see my efforts be at the top of the search engines.
10. It takes years to learn online business. Not true. The best suggestion is to study hard. Read your newsletters and the articles in them. Listen to those who are already successful. They are already telling you what to do and how to do it. Now you just need to listen and learn.
5904 Warner Ave, Ste A-2011, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone (800) 451-7085