What is Thrivecart?
Shopify, GrooveKart, WooCommerce, SamCart, and ThriveCart, are a few of the shopping cart software options available today. In this Thrivecart review, we compare Thrivecart vs GrooveKart.
Thrivecart specializes in digital and subscription solutions. It provides a simple checkout process, and you can even create a sales funnel with it.
You can use ThriveCart to promote and receive payments for physical products, digital products, subscriptions, and services from your customers. But its features go way beyond just taking payments.
It is the toughest GrooveKart competitor. The service has a lifetime offer and no monthly fees similar to Groove.cm. ThriveCart stands out due to its lifetime plan, Groove.cm’s lifetime plan is only temporary and will no longer be sold in 2022 as they migrate to a monthly program.
With ThriveCart, you can create a store, sell and upsell any kind of physical or digital product. It complies with GDPR, is mobile-friendly, and features SSL and two-factor authentication. GrooveKart’s GDPR functionality is due out soon but at the time of this post hasn’t been released yet.
ThriveCart is a shopping cart software that allows you to easily create a high-converting shopping cart and checkout pages.
This software program has been around since 2016 when Josh Barlett created it, and it is one of the most popular software programs for bug-free shopping carts.
ThriveCart has the following features:
Embedding carts and high conversion cart pages
Drag-and-drop page builders enable you to create beautiful cart pages with ThriveCart. To increase conversion, you can add modal or video carts, pop-ups, or two-step only carts, as well as run A/B tests. There is an embeddable cart feature in ThriveCart that lets you add carts to any website to start selling.
One-Click Upsell Funnel and Cart Addons
Upsells and cart addons are excellent selling features. You can easily create 1-click upselling funnels with ThriveCart. You can add upselling buttons to your cart pages, create Order Bump offers (promoting complementary products), and offer discount coupons.
Integrating Third-Party Apps
It integrates with several apps, including PayPal, Stripe, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Zapier, Shippo, Shipstation, Drip, Mailchimp, Printful, Teachable, Demio, and so on. Zapier can be used for non-supported apps.
Software that is constantly updated
ThriveCart updates its software constantly to add new features, keep up with the newest cart trends, fix bugs, and enhance security. Your software will always be updated to the latest version if you have lifetime access.
Tax Calculator Built-in
In ThriveCart, taxes are automatically calculated by taking into account factors like the type of product, location, and more. As a result, you would have less to worry about.
Subscriptions and Payments
Product trial and subscription options are available on ThriveCart. You can use split payments, pay-what-you-want pricing, discount coupons, tripwires (tiny purchases that help overcome customers’ inhibitions to make a purchase), and other sales-enhancing features.
You can use automation to send subscription reminders, handle affiliate payouts, and follow up with customers who abandon carts. It takes a few minutes to set it up and then ThriveCart will follow up on your customers and bring revenue to your business.
Conversion Features Not Mentioned
- Automatically generates purchase receipts
- Retargeting buyers
- A built-in autoresponder is included
- Customers who appear spammy can be blacklisted
- The checkout process is simple
ThriveCart users rave about friendly customer support. From launching your online store to setting up affiliate links, you’ll find a ton of articles and documentation using the Help Center.
ThriveCart offers two pricing plans:
- There is a one-time lifetime price of 495 USD for ThriveCart Standard.
- ThriveCart Pro costs 690 USD for a one-time purchase.
The Thrivecart Pro Upgrade includes an affiliate center, has subscription saver functionality and automatic sales tax calculation,
You can try ThriveCart risk-free for 30 days.
It works best for physical items, digital products, and subscriptions.
Who can benefit from ThriveCart?
ThriveCart is right for you if you are:
- You run an online business
- You run a consulting firm
- Shipping physical products are part of your business
- Selling information products (online courses, e-books, software, audiobooks, etc.) is your business.
- You run a membership website
- Subscription products you sell require rebilling every month
- Your digital marketing company helps other businesses market their products and services
A digital product seller could benefit immensely from this tool. You can automate the delivery of your online courses, ebooks, and videos, and you have access to robust email marketing integrations.
It comes with built-in affiliate management tools to support your marketing efforts and promote sales.
You may NOT be a good fit for ThriveCart if:
- If you have multiple physical products (in which case, Shopify, GrooveKart or WooCommerce would be more appropriate)
- You cannot use the supported payment providers (PayPal, Stripe, etc.) in your country
- You don’t sell any products online
Although ThriveCart can also be used to sell physical products, it only works well with a small number of products. While ThriveCart can handle both, it’s much more suited to digital sales. Groove.cm has a solution for this, they have GrooveSell for digital products and GrooveKart which is designed primarily for physical products.
It gets a lot more complicated, however, if you have a large library. There is no real comparison between ThriveCart and Shopify and it can’t be used as an alternative unless you link your products to ThriveCart via a Shopify or WooCommerce website.
ThriveCart is working on an update that will give users more flexibility when selling physical products.
However, ThriveCart already has a number of features that make it a contender for a place on the list of the best shopping cart software tools despite its relative youth.
Pros and Cons of ThriveCart
ThriveCart has many reasons to be loved. With regular updates and new features, it offers an excellent shopping cart experience.
As with any software, ThriveCart also has its own set of drawbacks. Here are some of the pros and cons of this software.
Pros of ThriveCart
- User-Friendly Interface: ThriveCart’s interface is intuitive and easy to use for beginners. The tool doesn’t require any coding or technical knowledge.
- Several integrations: Several major payment gateways are supported by the platform.
- Flexibility in Payment Models: The payment models in ThriveCart are flexible, including subscriptions, free trials, and plans.
- The Bump Offer feature: This feature lets you promote bump offers (add-ons at checkout pages that increase average order value), one-click upsells, and downsells.
- Control over discounts and coupons: Discounts and coupons are completely under your control on the platform.
- A built-in affiliate management system: You can set up affiliates to sell your products through them.
- Reporting Dashboard: ThriveCart provides an in-depth reporting dashboard with advanced filters that is easy to use and enables you to boost your marketing results. Unlike Groove.cm they do not have an app to do this function.
- A comprehensive library of support articles, how-to tutorials, and more: ThriveCart offers a library of support articles, how-to tutorials, and more to answer any questions you may have.
- Community Facebook page: There is an active Facebook group where you can ask questions and connect with others.
Cons of ThriveCart
- Insufficient Template Selection: The checkout templates offered by ThriveCart are quite limited, and I believe they should design/offer more.
- There is a lack of customization options: It lacks the robust customization options found in some other shopping carts.
- ThriveCart does not accept cryptocurrency payments: To accept cryptocurrency payments, you need to use another platform. To be fair GrooveKart does not offer this currently either although they are working on adding it.
- There is no emergency support available: You cannot get emergency support through live chat or by phone.
- It’s not the best solution for selling physical products: If your business sells physical products, this is not the best solution.
- Platform Unsuitable for Selling Services: Although it can be made to work if you really wanted it, the platform is not designed to sell services.
GrooveKart offers a free eCommerce platform with upgrade options. I think it is like ThriveKart on steroids. While much of the Groove.cm platform is still in Beta, GrooveKart (and Groovesell) are fully functioning apps.
GrooveKart is free, making it the ideal choice for aspiring entrepreneurs even with no experience. If you’re switching from platforms such as Wix and Shopify, GrooveKart might be what you’re looking for.
At Digital Papercuts we are big fans of Groove.cm and of GrooveKart.
Features of GrooveKart
Among the features of GrooveKart are:
Drag-and-drop builder with free templates
The GrooveKart drag-and-drop builder lets you customize pre-built templates. You do not need to know any coding to set up your eCommerce store.
Domain and website hosting for free
The GrooveKart software comes with a free domain and free hosting. Your GrooveKart e-store is stored on the Google Cloud Platform. You’ll benefit from faster site loading and 99%+ uptime. I do recommend getting your own custom domain on sites like Namecheap or GoDaddy though for better branding.
Groove.cm’s platform uses mobile-first technology that makes it SEO friendly.
Upselling features available
- Upselling with one click
- The pre-checkout upsell
- The post-checkout upsell
- Order bumps
- Scarcity and urgency
With GrooveKart’s upselling features, you can increase conversions at every stage of the buying process. GrooveKart was designed by marketers for the sole purpose of being able to create high-converting stores.
These days, customer reviews can help or hurt your business. You can manage and control your reviews with GrooveKart so that cranky customers or competitors cannot harm your online reputation. They have Trustpilot integration.
Simple, One-Page Checkout
Checking out and adding to Cart are hassle-free with GrooveKart.
GrooveKart’s other features
- Mobile-friendly and desktop-friendly platform
- Shipment and fulfillment apps built-in
- Payments accepted worldwide
- Coupons and discounts can be offered
- Web pages that are legal compliance-ready with GDPR on the near horizon
- Focused on design and conversion
Pricing for GrooveKart
There is no charge for GrooveKart to build up to three stores. For $1,397.00 USD, you can access 17 additional premium apps (via GrooveFunnels). This pricing will be going away in December of 2021 and they will be going to a monthly plan. With the paid plan you can build unlimited stores.
GrooveSell is one Groove.cm app that you can use to sell digital products.
The GrooveSell platform is used to sell digital products and GrooveKart for dropshipping physical goods. You can sell physical products on GrooveSell but just as Thrivecart is better for digital products so is GrooveSell as opposed to GrooveKart. The difference in this regard is that Thrivecart does not have anything comparable at this time to GrooveKart.
GrooveSell is included as a free add-on with GrooveKart.
The Groove.cm program which includes GrooveKart and GrooveSell is currently free forever for up to 3 websites. If you are interested in this plan, I recommend you sign up as soon as possible. Soon, this offer will go away and will become a monthly subscription. This offer is free for life, so grab it now.
It is important to note that with this plan, you will receive GrooveSell with all its features. Premium features are not available separately.
You can build three websites and host them for free forever with this offer.
It works best for physical items, digital products, and subscriptions.
Read my Groove.cm review.
What makes GrooveKart and GrooveSell better than Thrivecart
- Free of charge. The premium version has additional features which Thrivecart doesn’t offer. Compare the chart below to see what is included.
If you’re looking for a shopping cart service that works well for any info product, I would recommend GrooveKart over Thrivecart. Since I began using it, I have recommended it to others as well. The features keep improving, but I only paid a one-time fee and their referral affiliate program has paid us multiple times over for our investment. Free members get paid 20% and paid members to get paid 40% when someone upgrades to a paid plan.
ThriveCart is a close competitor, but for my needs, I decided on GrooveKart.
Need a Branded GrooveKart Website?
If you are looking for a turnkey solution to developing your own branded GrooveKart store we have you covered with our eComBusiness.Builders company.
Our Starter Package:
This is a perfect option if you’re just starting out. We add the hip style of our custom cart theme onto our amazing shopping platforms with a touch of your brand included!
This will get your paws wet and have you up and running in no time with apparel, mugs, and much more!
Our Professional Package
Get more bang for your brand. This package includes our premium products like jewelry and footwear with branded product lines.
You get everything in the STARTER PACKAGE but we take it a step further with premium products & premium mockups that bring your designs to life! These items fly off the shelves literally!