The primary factors that affect on-page and off-page SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a very useful tool for any online marketing campaign. Proper implementation can lead to fantastic results, with increased search engine visibility resulting in an increase in traffic and sales.
Of course, the best position to be in is as close to the top of their search results as possible when someone is searching for the products, services, or information that you offer. That is what SEO is all about.
Let’s examine how on-page and off-page SEO affect search engine rankings.
- Add a title tag to the page. You will need this information on each page of your website because the search engines and your visitors will know what the page is about. It should be no more than 70 words and include the keyword or key phrase that you would like to rank for.
- Please write a meta description. This is not always needed and is sometimes ignored by search engines. However, it can be used to provide more detail on what a web page is about. Include the key phrase or keyword within this description as well.
- Make sub-headings. This helps make your content more readable and enhance search engine rankings. You can use them to insert additional keywords and key phrases into your content. This highlights to the search engines that you consider them to be important to the content of your website.
- Build internal hyperlinks. This technique can be effective and may even be powerful enough to rank individual pages without the need for external (off-page) SEO. You can put a link to a longer and more authoritative article in your smaller articles. This boosts the ranking of longer content. It is often called link juice.
- Use the image name and ALT tags. Provide each image on your website with a name that includes the keyword you have chosen. When indexing a page, search engines may include images associated with a particular keyword as part of their rankings.
GroovePages allows you to easily do this in their builder and if using WordPress you can get a plug in to do it automatically for you.
- You should avoid over-optimizing. When creating the website content, it is important to not over-optimize the content. This means that you should use the main keyword sparingly and include related keywords and phrases. You may be able to rank for some other keywords as well.
This is sometimes referred to as Keyword Stuffing.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Today, the majority of searches and social media traffic coming from mobile devices. Therefore, it is important that your website works properly on mobile devices. If your website is not mobile-friendly, your user experience will be negatively impacted, and therefore your ranking signals will be negatively affected.
GroovePages is the only website builder that uses Mobile-First responsiveness in their website builder.
- You need to build trust. Trust has become a major ranking factor. It gives visitors confidence in your content and indicates to search engines that your claims are accurate. To build trust, ensure your backlinks are high quality and accurate.
- Create backlinks. Most SEO experts obtain backlinks by building relationships with other sites. Avoid spamming or overbuilding your links. This can result in your web page being de-indexed, which is essentially a ban from the search engines. The number of backlinks is not a ranking factor, however, the quality of those links is.
- Get social media signals. According to some SEO experts, getting likes and shares from social media may boost your search engine ranking. So, it is essential for you to create valuable content and share it on your own social media accounts, where others can like and share it.
Now that you have knowledge of the on-page and off-page factors which affect your SEO efforts, you can make the required changes to your website, leading to an increase in rankings and sales. If you don’t want to do it yourself you may simply contact us at Digital Papercuts to do it for you.
Just remember that SEO takes time to work. It won’t happen overnight and may take many months for you to see the fruits of your labor. However, this effort will be worth it once you’re continuously getting targeted traffic from the search engines, with the sales that come with it!
If you are struggling with sales or just starting your business please check out our previous blog article on the top main reason that people fail with their business. https://digitalpapercuts.com/2021/04/17/the-why-question/