Tips To Make Your Business Successful
I have made a list of things that can help make your business more successful. Most of them are simple but quite effective digital marketing techniques to make your site more user friendly.
1. Make your site simple – With all of the widgets and bells and whistles available, too many people are trying to see how impressive they can make their websites. Pop-ups, spinning wheels, etc can slow your site down. They may be attractive but unless your goal is to win a contest for best site, impressing people with glitter will not make sales. Content is king.
2. Make sure your site loads quickly – You do not have long to grab your customer’s attention. Make sure that you at least get a fair shot at grabbing his attention. If your site takes too long to load, you will lose a lot of potential customers without even giving your site a chance. Making the site AMP, Accelerated Mobile Page is essential for mobile speed and better Google rankings.
3. Don’t have too many items on one page – You do not want to confuse your visitors. You want to make sure that they understand the purpose of your site. Make all of your pages short and sweet.
4. Make sure every page links to home page – It is much easier for your visitors to navigate if all of your pages link back to the home page. You will not lose as many potential customers if you make your site easier to navigate. Adding a site map is also a user friendly item that is also SEO friendly.
5. Get your own domain name – preferably with a .com ending. It is well worth the price to get your own domain and to include your main keyword in it if possible.
6. Offer as many payment options for ordering as possible – The more payment options you provide for ordering, the fewer customers you will lose. You should have a secure order form on your site and you should have SSL on your site. Offering the options to order by phone, fax and by regular mail can also increase the number who will order. Make sure you accept credit cards – If you don’t accept credit cards, you are making a huge mistake. The biggest percent of your customers will pay this way if the option is available. Don’t take the chance that they will choose another method if credit cards are not a possibility.
7. Offer free information on your site – You will want to offer some type of free material on your site. Free material such as pdf report or how to guides are a very good way to build yourself as an expert in the eyes of your visitor. Free e-books are another good thing to offer. Make sure these freebies are good solid information that can help your visitors.
8. Get your visitor’s email address – You can accomplish this in quite a few different ways. Giving away the courses or e-books is one way. You can publish a newsletter or ezine that your visitors can sign up for on your site. Have a easy opt in form and follow privacy laws and can-spam laws.
9. Make sure to build your site with a defined purpose in mind – If you are trying to sell a product or service on your site, then sell that product or service. If you are just trying to get addresses and make the sale later, then make that your purpose when building your site.
10. Encourage reviews – Make your visitor feel like his opinion is important. Offer them the chance to provide you with a review. Don’t be too proud to make changes if you start hearing some of the same things from your visitors.
Remember that you are building this site for your customers – This is not a site to fulfill some fantasy of yours. Remember the purpose of your site and that you are running a business. Keep your customers desires, wants and needs in your mind as you design it.
Your website is one of those things that will determine if you are a marketing success. Make sure that you make your website user friendly. Also make sure that you don’t lose sight of the purpose of your site. If your website doesn’t come across crystal clear to your visitor, you are going to lose many visitors before you can even make a pitch.
Selling products and services online has come a long way since it began. PPC and SEO campaigns, video and blogging are just a few of the promotional means that digital marketers have at their disposal to help them increase their exposure and move their bottom line.
Build A Solid Foundation
Everything that works in Internet marketing works because it follows traditional sales principles. Don’t become so focused on implementing the latest and greatest shiny new toy in marketing methods that you lose sight of serving your customers. At the end of the day, this is still a customer service business regardless of what product or service you sell.
When your main sales and marketing avenue is the Internet, it can be easy to forget that you are still in the retail business, the same as if you had a brick and mortar storefront if you are an online business. Your digital marketing methods may be different from those of a brick and mortar store, but the most important element of your business is and will always be your customers. Digital Marketing can help you get their attention and interest, but you are going to have to provide them with good old fashioned customer service to earn their confidence and loyalty.
3 Steps to Great Service
The following actions can help you lay a solid foundation for good customer relations:
- Carefully consider your offer and make sure it presents a real value to buyers.
- Present your offer in the clearest possible way that describes the benefits to your customers.
- Concentrate on your solving your customers problems.
The Internet is a phenomenal tool for businesses no matter if they are solely online or a local brick and mortar shop and it offers numerous techniques for promoting your products and services and your business. But none of these techniques mean anything without a focus on developing top notch customer relationships.
The idea of providing excellent service seems too simple to some people. However, very few of the business owners that I see succeed are SEO wizards in their own right, but every one of them believes that their customers are their top priority.
People typically visit the internet in search of information and solutions to their problems. They are looking for content that is relevant to their needs and desires. They typically are not looking for marketing ploys. There are a number of ways to increase this relevant content, including having a search engine optimization company provide you with keyword rich articles, but there are three major reasons why more website content increases your website traffic.
The first reason more website content increases your businesses online traffic is that content articles tend to be focused on a topic. This focus will then lead to the repeated use of a keyword or long tail keyword phrase. That repeated and promoted enough leads to higher search engine rankings. Search engine rankings are the way returns come back to an internet user through a search engine. If someone searches for the term Smartphones they will come back with thousands of pages of results. The order those results are displayed on the screen depends on a number of factors including how frequently the term is mentioned on the site and where it is mentioned on the site.
Research shows that people tend only to click on the first page results a search engine offers them. Increasing your website content will help you become one of those first ten websites. For local businesses what is even more important is to show up in the top 3 of Google Map rankings. This means more people than you ever thought possible will be clicking on your site in no time simply based on your website ranking. Not only will you be closer to the top of the search engine with more content, you may also be indexed by more search engines. This could mean something like 99% of all internet users seeing your website in any one given internet session.
The second reason more website content increases traffic is a bit more complicated. If you have strong, well written content on your site, you increase your credibility with customers. Suddenly you are no longer a company selling smartphone wireless chargers; you are somebody who can offer knowledgeable advice about anything a smartphone owner needs to know including about various options they have. This increase in credibility not only makes people believe what you have posted to your site, it also makes them want to stay at your site to read the rest of your content articles. The more content articles you have at your site, the longer they will stay. Keeping them there as long as possible is the key to selling your product to them. You have a much longer time frame in which to pitch your product and close the sale.
Not only will they stay at your site longer with more content, but this also means they may come back to your site the next time they log onto their machine. For example, if you are selling refilled printer ink cartridges, but you have content on your site related to all things printers, you have a good chance that someone might stay to look at a few of the articles.
The next time they need video tips, chances are good that they will remember what great content you offered them during their last internet session, and they will return directly to your site just to read more of your content. This means you have their complete, undivided attention for an even longer period of time. Moreover, if they are returning to your site on some sort of regular basis, chances are good that they will recommend the site to other users like friends and relatives which will mean even more traffic for your site.
The final way more website content increases your website traffic is that it increases the likelihood that advertisers and reciprocal link exchangers will be attracted to your site. Reciprocal backlinks are exchanged by websites that have similar interests. The more relevant topics you are able to list, the more chances you have of someone with similar interests attempting to link to your site. This could greatly increase your website traffic because not only will people be able to find your site through search engines, they may also be able to find your site through other sites. Further, though, advertisers are looking for sites that encourage customers they want to do business with. More keywords will mean more customers for you which can mean more advertisers for you which can mean more profits and visibility for you.
No matter which reason you choose, more content will increase your website traffic.
Orange County SEO Company
5904 Warner Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone (800) 451-7085