Reasons Why People Fail At Internet Marketing
Internet marketing is one of the fastest-growing and profitable businesses today. It is an excellent way for anyone to start a small online business with very little investment, no overhead in some cases, and high profit margins if selling digital products. Anyone can get up and running with an online business in hours once they know what they are doing. Sounds like an easy way to make money, doesn’t it? Compared to other brick and mortar business ventures, it is.
Still internet marketing failures vastly outnumber those who have succeeded in internet marketing. For every story you hear of someone making $10,000 a month at internet marketing there are thousands of untold stories of those who failed to make a penny and then quit.
Why do so many fail when the potential to succeed is high?
1. Failure to plan: No matter what type of business you are running you need a business plan with well-defined goals. What are your short-term and long-term goals? What steps do you need to take to meet those goals? Write out your plan and review it frequently. You are running a business. Treat it as one.
2. Failure to work the plan: So you already have a business plan…Are the following it? A plan means nothing if you don’t follow it. Work the plan every single day. Revise it if necessary but don’t detract from it if you can.
3. Making goals too big early on ? Many internet marketing failures try to do too much too fast. You are not going to create the ultimate web site for dog lovers overnight. Start small with dog training tips and add content daily. Those 1,000+ page web sites took months or years to build, so will yours.
4. Lack of knowledge: Would you be a successful plastic surgeon without knowing anything about medicine? No. Then to be a successful internet marketer you need to learn internet marketing. Finding a successful mentor willing to help you for a reasonable price and you will be way ahead of the crowd.
5. Not investing in your business: You will not get any back end support with a free web hosting company. Many times, the best e-books, scripts, and tools are the ones that cost money. You can run an online business for next to nothing but
you will achieve much faster and much more profitable results by investing in the right tools to help you succeed.
6. “If I build it, they will come” You can have the most comprehensive and informative website on fly fishing in the world but if you don’t promote your site and work to drive traffic to it no one will know about it. There are many ways to drive traffic to your website. You should be using several of them.
7. Lack of patience: You will not be making $10,000 a month when you start-if you ever do. Internet marketing is not a get rich quick scheme. It takes time and testing to build your web traffic and increase your conversion rate. In the beginning you might actually lose money and this is when too many people give up without giving their business time to grow. Plan on not making any money for 6 months to a year. ny money you make should be redirected back into growing your business.
8. Wrong niche: So you wrote that e-book on Snowboarding in the Sahara and you are wondering why nobody is buying it? Find a niche but make sure it’s profitable first. Keyword research is critical to finding out what products and services people are searching for. Too many times people create the product first then try to figure out how to sell it. Find out what the people wantand are searching for then give or sell it to them.
9. No Uniqueness: There are a million air pods out there, what makes yours so unique? Why should I buy your air pods when Tom’s Air Pods are just as good and he’s been selling air pods a lot longer than you? Stand out from the crowd and get noticed. Know your competition and do what they do better or do something totally different.
10. Lack of commitment: To be successful, you must be committed to success and have the right mindset. Behind every success story there are many hours of work and dedication. You’ll need drive and determination if you want to be the next internet success story driving a Ferrari everyone is talking about.
For anyone interested in growing their business or maximizing the return of their marketing spend, online marketing is one of the most effective means of doing so. Digital marketing is effective as a part of a well developed marketing plan.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing has come to mean many things. You can consider SEO (search engine optimization) online advertising, search engine marketing (SEM), and affiliate marketing as digital marketing. It has changed and evolved over the last 20 years. With the advent of Google Adsense and other forms of targeted, PPC (pay-per-click) advertising, digital marketing means a whole lot more than 600 X 200 banner ads.
When thinking about the types of digital marketing available today, you really need to think about the objectives of your online marketing spend and what your budget is. Are you looking to sell a product? Drive prospects to your website or marketing pages? Create brand awareness for your company? The most important thing to remember is that your online placement, creative, and offer must be consistent across the web and your own website or retail establishment. This creates a seamless buying experience, increasing the odds of a purchase being made once a browser clicks on your online marketing creative.
As mentioned previously, online marketing also includes affiliate marketing, affiliate marketing is a method of utilizing other partner sites to distribute your products or services. One of the best methods of developing an affiliate network is by providing content in addition to an aggressive affiliate commission plan. Other websites seek out content and useful information. If you can provide meaningful content to partner sites with an opportunity to earn money at the same time, they are likely to participate in your affiliate program. Think of having your own affiliate network as a huge commission based sales team.
It is important to understand that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is also a component of digital marketing. Too often, SEO is not considered part of the online marketing mix. However, it is one of the most important aspects of an digital marketing campaign. When launching a new product or marketing an existing one, make sure that it is easy for individuals to find your website and landing page. People searching who see your online ads may not click right away. Rather, prospective buyers may later be searching for your promotion when a specific need arises. Think about the keywords prospects may use to search for your offer and optimize your pages accordingly. Also, be sure to link to your promotional pages from your websites home page to optimize search engine rankings.
Why is Digital Marketing Important?
Digital marketing often provides direct responses and the ability to measure campaign effectiveness. This immediacy helps you to test your offer(s) and creative, as well as measure the overall return on your marketing investment. Having the ability to evaluate effectiveness in real time allows you to re-position your marketing spend or switch out creative to increase results.
With more than 90% of homes having internet access and about two-thirds of them having a high speed connection, the web has become a reality. If you wish to reach the majority of consumers, you need to include online marketing as part of your overall marketing mix. Digital marketing also gives you the opportunity to segment your market, providing highly targeted positioning. Unlike traditional advertising, online advertising allows you to select the sites upon which you run your ads. There are also many services which help you deliver ads around appropriate topics or contextual pages.
Best know for text and pay-per-click advertising, Google allows you to choose specific keywords around which your ad can be displayed. When individuals search on the keywords you have selected, your ads will appear. The power of Google is the affiliate network they have created which displays their contextual ads across hundreds of thousands of websites. Despite recent allegations of click fraud, Google still provides one of the most targeted online marketing options. Other services, like Bing provide similar services that deliver targeted online marketing.
Who Can Benefit?
Anyone who is interested in improving their sales results should think about the role that online marketing plays in their marketing mix. Because there are so many ways to engage in digital marketing including advertising, text ads, pay-per-click advertising, affiliate programs and more, the practice is sure to benefit anyone who is seeking a measurable return on investment.
Before beginning any online marketing campaign, you should always determine your budget. How much you are willing to invest in your marketing efforts. Ask yourself how much you are willing to spend per lead? What type of conversion will you need to break even? Understanding these fundamental financial metrics is essential to determining how much you are willing to spend on your online marketing efforts.
How to Begin Digital Marketing.
Starting your digital marketing campaign can be as simple as bidding on a few keywords or as complex as developing a comprehensive online marketing campaign that consists of multiple buys across a network of websites. As with any new marketing venture, it is best to start small and work your way up to more intricate marketing campaigns. This is called scaling up.
My recommendation for beginning your digital marketing campaign is to focus on your own website (developing promotional banners, buttons, and content), creating an affiliate program, and pay-per click advertising. The first two methods should cost little or nothing to implement and will propel your campaign forward. Supplemented with pay-per-click advertising, your marketing message is sure to reach your intended audience.
Print out these ten reasons for failure and post it next to your computer monitor. Refer to it daily and be sure you don’t fall into their trap. Everyday review your online business and make sure you are not making any of these mistakes. Do this and you are well on your way to being an internet marketing success.
5904 Warner Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone (800) 451-7085